Tuesday, November 1, 2011

8 and feeling great

I know I have been saying for a while that I am going to run 8 miles....well today I set out to do a quick 4 miles and then pick up Addie and head home to study.  Well...I got to three miles and decided to go for 6 so I turned out of Downtown Disney and headed towards 535.  When I got to 535 I was 3.5...so let's make it 4 and turn around.  So I did.  PS...I had to run by a Mcdonalds, Burger King, Denny's, and IHOP, amongst other delicious smelling food establishments...good thing I don't run with any money.  So I turned around at 3.75 and headed back towards downtown...It was right around 5 miles when I passed World of Disney...I started thinking that I should make by the time I make it back to the car...maybe I'll do 7 or 8 miles.  I was parked by Cirque D'soleil.  I ran until the sidewalk ran out and then turned around...crossed the street to Downtown Disney West Side...6.5 miles.  It was started to get dark so I didn't want to run the nature trail to Old Key West again...I'll just run until 7 miles and head back and see where that gets me.  So after a few up and downs of the parking lot...I was at 8 miles!!!!
Now the question is....do I try and do another long run tomorrow or wait a day and try back to backs another day?  I guess it will depend on how well my cardiology test goes and if I need to blow off steam....School really gets in the way of running sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment