Saturday, November 19, 2011

Miles and Socks...the little things in life

So yesterday I ran the farthest I have ever run in my life..15 miles!  Woohoo!  I was feeling great for the first 8 and then it slowly started going down hill but alas I didn't quit and I didn't give up.  However, I really need to figure out how to keep my feet and calves from screaming!  I really want to cry the last 3 miles because I thought my legs were just going to give up on me.
That lead me to go to Fit2Run this afternoon.  After talking to a friend and my brother and my husband (who swears by Powersox) I decided I need to try some real "running socks".  Jason (the sales guy at Fit2Run) could not have been more helpful.  He listened to me about my feet, showed me a bunch of socks and answered my questions until I decided I would try the coolmax Experia socks.  They didn't have blue ones in my size so I'm styling a nice gray/black pair.  I can't wait to run in them tomorrow and see how my feet feel.
I almost bought some compression calves sleeves, but Jason suggested I try the socks first and then we can move on from there.  He also gave me a newspaper/magazine about all the races in Florida...this is not going to be good as there are sooooo many I want to do :)
For now...hoping to PR next Sunday at Space Coast Half Marathon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment