Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away!

Yesterday was the Strawberry Classic 15k in Tampa.  It was alright...very complicated course!!  But ran it with friends and that makes everything better :)

Today's run is brought to you by the letter R...R for Rain!  We all met at Fantasia Mini Golf to set out for our 5-10 mile run.  I had the munchkin in the stroller so I knew it would be slow.  The weather decided to complicate things and the wind kept blowing!  My knee starting acting up also but we made it to the beer stop at mile 4 on the Boardwalk.  The sky was looking ominous so we turned and decided to take the slightly shorter way back to the cars.  By the time we hit Jellyrolls the rain was coming down hard!  So we gathered under the awning and waited it out.  Once the rain let up a little bit we set out again on the adventure to get to the car...we made it as far as the Swan and again huddled under an awning.  We set out again...my knee was tightening up so I kind of hobbled and let a friend push the stroller.  We finally made it to the parking lot, but said friend's Garmin was only at 4.6...and she doesn't like to stop on not full miles.  I put the munchkin in the car and another friend sat in the car with her while we ran around the parking lot..in the pouring rain..until we hit 5 miles.  Once I got in the car and started checking facebook I saw that there were tornado warnings and what not...hmm....glad we didn't end up in Oz!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment