Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dumbo Double Dare Training Commencing!

On Sunday I hit a major milestone...I broke 2:30 for a half marathon for the first time!  Official Finish time of Florida Halfathon at Ft deSoto beach was 2:26:46!!!  Holy cow...I have never run that fast in my life!!  It felt amazing.  I started this season's race schedule with the goal to break 2:45 so that I could have a time to submit to RunDisney, because let's face it and acknowledge it and love it...my world revolves around runDisney!  Well I never thought I would hit 2:26!!!
I have also decided to start blogging again on my journey to the Inaugural runDisney Dumbo Double Dare!  I will be running a 10k on Saturday (with Ty for his first long run) and then a Half Marathon on Sunday!  This should be easy because it is half the distance of Goofy, but possibly just as hot!  I will earn my first Coast2Coast medal!!!!
So that everyone running along at home can follow along I will post the weeks workout on here and then update once or twice during the week.  At least 1 run a week will be done at Walt Disney World so that I can TrainatDisneytoRunDisney!  Reader's choice wins for location!!!  Today's run was at Downtown Disney.  It was hot but beautiful!!!
Runs for the rest of the week:
Wednesday: 4 miles in the morning and 5 miles in the evening (at Boardwalk)
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: rest day
Saturday: Strawberry Classic 15k
Sunday: 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment