Saturday, January 1, 2011

Well it is that time of year again for New Year's resolutions. Resolution number 1 is to try and remember how to actually update this thing and do it more regularly. Also I plan to run 211 miles, which really shouldn't be a problem, since I ran 100 miles from September to December this year and plan to run way more this year. And again I want to race once a month. I already have races planned for January, February, and March. I will be doing my first 1/2 marathon in Feb at Disney World and really need to pick up the training. It will happen :)
So far here is the 2011 race calendar:
January 22-IDES Hot Chocolate 10K, Asheville, NC
February 26-Royal Family 5K, Disney World
February 27-Princess Half Marathon, Disney World
March 13-Shamrock N'Roll 10K, Atlanta, GA
March 26-Atlanta Women's 5K, Atlanta, GA
April 16-Cheerios 10K and 5K, Covington, GA
May 7-Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K, Atlanta, GA

Well that's all I got so far. And luckily I have an awesome husband and daughter who get up and race with me or cheer me on in the wee hours of the morning :)

I once thought I could never run a mile...and I had a goal to finish a 5K...now I'm attempting 13.1 miles...who would've thought???

No comments:

Post a Comment