Friday, November 16, 2012

Wine and Dine weekend!

The busiest Saturday of all time!  The morning starts with Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k through Animal Kingdom as a family.  It was awesome and Ty's foot didn't bother him.  Disney started holding the strollers back behind the walkers which I totally understand just wish we had known about it before hand and wouldn't have been prepared to run but would have been prepared to slowly walk.  After a mile they let  us go and we settled into having a fun run.  It was awesome!  We didn't get much time to hang out afterwards because we had to rush Addie to her first basketball game!  She did awesome!!!  We left early to get back in time for her kid race...which we missed :(  But the runDisney girls were so sweet and offered to run around the track with her.  She clammed up with shyness so instead they let her run just through the finish line and get her medal!  We met up with some friends for a few minutes and then headed home for a quick bite to eat.  Ty took Addie to a birthday party so I could get a nap in.
Next thing I know we are on our way back to Disney for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon!  I need to keep reminding myself that I need to take it easy and save my legs for Spacecoast marathon which is in 2 weeks.  I'm just going to have fun and get as many pictures as possible!
I meet up with friends from the Pacebook Running Group before hand and have a blast.  I stand in the longest port-o-potty line ever and sprint to the corral and work my way to my friends so we can start together.  The fireworks go off and away we go.  My shins start out tight again and my quad is struggling.  I start wondering if this was a good idea or if I should bail or pull out of Women's Half Marathon next weekend and then I see Goofy.  I get in the longest character line of the night and wait and stretch.  A few people before me and Goofy goes on break but Chip and Dale come out which is fine with me!  Get my picture and I'm off again.  I know Ty is waiting by the overpass by McDonald's so that gives me a boost to keep going.  The miles start going by and my legs are loosening up.  My overall pace is horrible but my pictures are awesome and I'm smiling the whole way!  I pass Ty and another one of our friends and run through Animal Kingdom and see them again on the way to Hollywood Studios.  I'm feeling great now conquering the overpasses and ramps like a champ!  I paused my Garmin for a picture at mile 7.6 with Goofy for real this time, and forgot to turn it back on until mile 8.  Oops :)  I run up hills that I have always walked before and feel awesome.  Through Hollywood Studios I go and once I reach the boardwalk my legs go into autopilot mode and I'm all set. A few more pictures and I get into Epcot.  Almost done now!  From mile 13 to the finish we run under a smoke screen all lit up...it was pretty awesome!!!  Mickey and Minnie are at the finish line but on opposite sides...what's a girl to do?  Dart across runners like I'm playing frogger to get a picture with both obviously!  I finally cross the finish line with a giant smile on my face!!  My time was rough but that was definitely the most fun I had on a race in a long long time!!!  And that finished up my DisneyWorld runDisney 2012 sweep.  Thanks for an awesome year runDisney!!  See you at Marathon Weekend for Goofy 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment