Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Streaking!

I know I still owe some race reports but for now I will update on streaking.  No not that kind that you are thinking of....but from Memorial Day to Labor Day, Ty and I will be joining the Runner's World Running Streak.  We have vowed to run at least 1 mile a day from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  This is going to be hard but hopefully one mile will turn into more miles and we will keep on keeping on.  Last night I didn't think we would get it in, and it was the first day!  But the rain held off...I started with Harley and did a rough mile and decided I needed a pit stop (potty stop) so we headed home.  I was ready to call the quits because my mile was done (even though my real goal was 5) but when we walked in the door, Ty and Addie were about to head out to join me.  So I went back out with them and took Davidson...he lasted a lap.  After that lap, Ty took Davidson and Addie home...I did 2 more laps...and made my 5 mile goal!  It's true the hardest part is just getting out the door.  11 more miles to make my May goal of 50.
Today is raining again...I did Jillian Michaels Level 1 of 30 Day Shred this morning...and if I have to run in the rain tonight I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment